Our Insider Experience
- Witness the traditional Ganga Aarti ceremony on the Ganges River. This powerful spiritual ritual is performed by Hindu priests every evening at dusk.
- Wander through the ancient lanes of Varanasi exploring local markets and taking in the city‘s over 2,000 temples.
- Cruise along the banks of the country‘s great river to see Hindu pilgrims bathe in the sacred waters.
Request More Details
Day 1: Varanasi
On arrival in Varanasi, be transferred to your hotel. Varanasi is Hinduism’s great spiritual centre, and is said to be among the oldest continuously-inhabited cities in the world. Nowhere else in India can you experience the spectacle of thousands of pilgrims immersing themselves in the Ganges than in the country’s spiritual heart, Varanasi. Stay the next two nights at Taj Ganges.
Day 2: Varanasi
Rise early as you experience the life of this ancient city on a peaceful boat ride and see the beauty of the rising sun on the Ganges. Experience the early morning rituals of the locals along the rivers edge, where people take a bath in the holy river believing they will be free from the circle of rebirth. After the spiritual boat ride, walk around the stunning ghats before enjoying a tea break along with a samosa (a fried pastry with a savoury filling, such as spiced potatoes). In the afternoon, enjoy a walking tour to an Ashram and interact with the religious Sadhu. (B)
Day 3: Varanasi
Enjoy breakfast before being transferred to the airport for your onward journey. (B)*
- 3 nights at Fateh Niwas (Deluxe Room)
- Transport in air-conditioned vehicle
- Private Touring
- Local English-speaking guide
- Entrance Fees (except camera fees)
- Return airport transfers to Accommodation
- Meals as indicated (B= breakfast)
Specification: Varanasi The Oldest City In India
Up To You
From £278 GBP